Feature Requests

Support for the WordPress Calendar plugin
BAlfson

Re: Feature Requests

Unread post by BAlfson » Sat May 21, 2011 3:28 pm

Annual recurrance by day. Our non-profit has activities every year in the same location on the second Sunday in February, the first Sunday in October, etc.

Great work, Kieran - Thanks!

Cheers - Bob

Boudewijn

Unread post by Boudewijn » Mon May 23, 2011 9:16 pm

Hi Kieran,

Great plugin thanks!!

some wishes.

multiple widget in a sidebar. one for loggedin users and one for visitors.
something to hide the "all day" text. Span would do the trick.

Some things already mentioned.
eventlist shortcode
category selection on widget/eventlist

Any estimate on when the next release wil be and the features? I am wondering if I should make a temporary solution myself.

Thanks for the great work.

Boudewijn

Patrick

Unread post by Patrick » Sat May 28, 2011 8:57 pm

Kieran,
First of all thanks for an excellent calendar. I think it's the best available ...all things considered.

I work with several users on this calendar ...non-technical people. Generally they have considerable difficulty figuring out how to set up recurring events. For example;
1. Setup of Weekly Events: If the user is offered an interface with a "Start Date" and an "End Date" it's counter-intuitive and confusing to tell them that to set up a weekly event that starts on a certain date and ends on another date ...that they have to enter the same End Date as the Start Date (...and then count the number of repeats). Normally, if the software offers an End Date the user should expect to enter the actual end date of the event and have it continue to that time (and the computer should figure out the details).
2. Events that repeat every "x" number of days: It seems that most other calendars allow the user to setup an event that repeats on an interval of an arbitrary number of days. It would be ideal if your calendar did this also.

So I recommend improving the interface for the setup of repeating events. I'd work on this myself but the code seems to be rather complex.

Thanks again for an excellent calendar.

Patrick

tapocojoy

Unread post by tapocojoy » Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:01 pm

How about a field for location/venue? Thanks.

lexhair

Unread post by lexhair » Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:35 pm

I'm' going to have a go at making the plugin tap into the WordPress Widget API (2.8+). The widgets are too good to only use once. ;)

derekmorais

Unread post by derekmorais » Sun Jul 24, 2011 6:04 pm

Time start and end time

jmquod

Unread post by jmquod » Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:18 pm

Hello,
I'd like to be able to use links on events in the calendar widget.

bryantortega

Unread post by bryantortega » Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:59 am

i uploaded a little video explaining the request. Pls take a min to view and comment

thanks in advance

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Qc6vXY6xlI

laryheller

Unread post by laryheller » Fri Aug 26, 2011 3:25 pm

Can you add a CSS color picker so we can change background and other items more easily? The calendar has taken on the dark background color of the theme. I am NOT CSS savoy.

Help please. Thx

bowend3c

Unread post by bowend3c » Sun Sep 25, 2011 7:36 pm

In the "Manage Categories" section, I would love to see the hex code be accompanied by a "color picker." While most of us developers understand what hex codes are, some of the users updating the calendar on my site do not. It would just make it easier for them to select colors when creating/editing a category.

Great plugin! Love it!