fahirsch

Feature request

Unread post by fahirsch » Mon Aug 04, 2008 3:15 am

a) an End time for the event
b) A Link field

Kieran

Re: Feature request

Unread post by Kieran » Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:37 pm

Link field is actually going to be in 1.2 final (which is nearly due for release).

The end time was ruled out a while ago due to insufficient demand and due to the fact its presence would imply that Calendar would prevent the addition of events what clashed (which it will never do due to the complexity of working out when recurring events will in order to see if there is a clash or not).

empathik

Unread post by empathik » Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:08 pm

Hard to find a useful, simple Calendar Plugin that works beyond WP 2.3.x. Thanks!

1. For your FAQ, perhaps: I am (considering) upgrading from Event Calendar (http://wpcal.firetree.net/). If you have both plugins installed, the "Upcoming Events" widgets conflict (only one widget appears on the widget admin page). Have only one of the plugins activated, but not both.

2. Request: Repeating Events should only show up once in Upcoming Events widget, rather than every day of event. See attached image for comparison.
Attachments
calendar-plugin-compare-extended-dates2.gif
calendar-plugin-compare-extended-dates2.gif (14.07 KiB) Viewed 9236 times

empathik

Unread post by empathik » Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:02 pm

Feature Request: Simply list events (in shorthand or longhand form), sorted by day, on a page, for X amount of months, or entire listing!

For example:

October 15, 2008

GraBB Forum
Time: 9:30 am
Description goes here. Description goes here. Description goes here. Description goes here. Description goes here.

HooVV Forum
Time: 10:30 am
Description goes here. Description goes here. Description goes here. Description goes here. Description goes here.

October 17, 2008

SlaMM Forum
Time: 12:30 pm

November 17, 2008

FliMM Forum
Time: 9:30 pm

Kieran

Unread post by Kieran » Fri Sep 26, 2008 8:31 am

I wasn't aware of the conflict so hanks for bringing it to my attention. Is it just the upcoming widget? Or the todays events widget as well? I can change the naming conventions in my plugin so a conflict doesn't happen. I will of course update the FAQ as well.

As for the event listing only showing repeating events once, if this was to happen, surely some indication of how long the event would run for would need to be shown?

As for a straight up event listing, I was thinking of doing this in the next major version. What do you think the listing should be like? Week, Month, Year? Or something else?

empathik

Unread post by empathik » Fri Sep 26, 2008 12:13 pm

Hey there!

1. The conflict is only for the Upcoming Events widget, a naming conflict, apparently.

2. "Indication of how long... in there": If you mean, should the duration of the event be displayed? I'd say yes!

Bongo Party
May 1 - 3, 2009 (or 1-3 May, 2009)

3. Event Listing: I'd do it by Month, then Day, then Start Time. People without a lot of events could tick a preference checkbox to not display the month name. As of now, I'm thinking of echoing the Upcoming Events into a Page as a workaround...

Kieran

Unread post by Kieran » Sat Sep 27, 2008 6:55 am

empathik wrote:3. Event Listing: I'd do it by Month, then Day, then Start Time. People without a lot of events could tick a preference checkbox to not display the month name. As of now, I'm thinking of echoing the Upcoming Events into a Page as a workaround...
That's not really what I was getting at. Say I have 300 events. I'm not going to want to show them all on one page. Surely I'm going to want to display them either this week, then next week etc. or this month, then next month etc.? In this line of thought, do you think having weekly, monthly and yearly listings is enough?

empathik

Unread post by empathik » Mon Sep 29, 2008 2:50 pm

Say I have 300 events. I'm not going to want to show them all on one page. Surely I'm going to want to display them either this week, then next week etc. or this month, then next month etc.? In this line of thought, do you think having weekly, monthly and yearly listings is enough?
Yes, of course, I see! If you're going to have 300 events (wow!), then listing them Daily may also need to be an option. But tertiary to what you have proposed (weekly, monthly, yearly).

:idea: And, if Monthly, having option for that month's corresponding calendar appear at the top of the page. :D

supertaurus85

Unread post by supertaurus85 » Thu Oct 02, 2008 11:09 pm

the possibility that every user can add his birthday date. Maybe during registration

me2you

Unread post by me2you » Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:43 pm

up again..

1. Request: Repeating Events should only show up once in Upcoming Events widget, rather than every day of event. See attached image for comparison.

nice plugin! but upcoming list... not useful

maybe nice view

start date - end date
<a>name event</a>
description

10.10.08 - 15.10.08
Event Name
Description

its posible?

2. Information: May be delete upcoming event not from start date? may be after end time lease?

if event time 10.10.08 - 15.10.08 now events delete 10.10 but end time 15! may be delete event use end time?

3. Information: if event-1 date 10.10.08-11.10.08 and event-2 10.10.08-13.10.08 - its grouping output view

event-1
event-2

It seems to me is not right...
may be use it view in request 2.

10.10.08-11.10.08
event-1

10.10.08-13.10.08
event-2

and delete event use end time events.

----

Thnks! Nice plugin! Nice work!

P.S. sorry for my bad english :(