Odd message going into cpanel

I host a few websites in return for a link to this site and the odd free pint of beer. If this is you, ask any support questions here
Sy Borg

Odd message going into cpanel

Unread post by Sy Borg » Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:14 pm

I just got a strange message going into cpanel. I use the link this way because I can then access cpanel from behind our work firewalls.

Code: Select all

Access Denied 
Functions in cPanel / WHM are available only directly through the cPanel and WHM interfaces or through our XML API. It appears that this request is coming from a referring site and might be malicious.

Request Info:
Requested page: / 
Referring site: http://cpanel.kjowebservices.co.uk 

Form Data:
Key Value 

If you wish to continue to this page, you may do so but please note that allowing other sites to tell you which actions to perform in cPanel / WHM could be a security risk. Continue at Your Own Risk! 
Any ideas?

Kieran

Re: Odd message going into cpanel

Unread post by Kieran » Thu Jun 05, 2008 8:11 pm

I've just tried logging in using the login screen that appears at:
http://cpanel.kjowebservices.co.uk

Everything worked fine with no errors.

Can you try again? Might just have been a glitch with the proxy. If you still get the message, we'll dig deeper.

Sy Borg

Unread post by Sy Borg » Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:51 am

I get this message evertime I connect to cpanel from work. It looks (to me) like a message from cpanel not liking our work proxy rather than a message from the proxy itself (if you see what I mean). It's still usable though.

Kieran

Unread post by Kieran » Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:56 am

That is odd indeed. I'm not sure how it would know; when you connect through our proxy CPanel effectively just sees our proxy and doesn't know who you are at all (except that your authentication details are provided by the proxy on your behalf).

If its working I wouldn't worry about it; our site is safe as is our proxy. If you are using our proxy and the domain is cpanel.kjowebservices.co.uk then you can safely ignore the warning.