Feature Requests

Support for the WordPress Calendar plugin
lexhair

Re: Feature Requests

Unread post by lexhair » Thu Mar 20, 2014 5:01 pm

Add the following hook when inserting/updating WP_CALENDAR_TABLE for new/edited entries:

Code: Select all

do_action('add_calendar_entry');
Goes in two places. After the query on line 1221 and line 1388 or so.

The hook will allow me to write an ics file for google/calendar subscriptions (which I was running as a separate cron anyway). That way I only hit the server with a query when I update the calendar.

Thanks in advance,
John

lexhair

Unread post by lexhair » Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:49 pm

While I'm asking for hooks, how about a filter hook on the $linky variable in draw_events() function. I'd like to be able to change the '#' href to a link which will download the event as an ics file.

Right after you define$linky, you can add the following filter hook:

$linky = apply_filters('modify_calendar_link', $linky, $event);
By providing the $event object as an argument, I can use the ID property to develop my link for the ics file.

Thanks again,
John

lexhair

Unread post by lexhair » Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:38 pm

lexhair wrote:Add the following hook when inserting/updating WP_CALENDAR_TABLE for new/edited entries:

do_action('add_calendar_entry');
Goes in two places. After the query on line 1221 and line 1388 or so.

The hook will allow me to write an ics file for google/calendar subscriptions (which I was running as a separate cron anyway). That way I only hit the server with a query when I update the calendar.

Thanks in advance,
John
Actually, this goes in three places (forgot the delete event query). I also added another argument so the do_action callback function would know whether it was a new event, edited event or deleted event.

Antonimo

Unread post by Antonimo » Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:08 pm

Export to ICS

It would be nice if site visitors could export calendar entries as an ICS file to import into Outlook.

Just a thought.

Best wishes,

marcusqueen

Unread post by marcusqueen » Tue Oct 07, 2014 3:39 am

It would be great if we could create multiple calendars for different pages. I have different counties that would require different event calendars.

Thanks.

sandralambert

Unread post by sandralambert » Mon Nov 10, 2014 3:40 pm

It would be great if we could create multiple calendars for different pages. I have different counties that would require different event calendars.

Kieran

Unread post by Kieran » Mon Feb 02, 2015 1:22 pm

sandralambert wrote:It would be great if we could create multiple calendars for different pages. I have different counties that would require different event calendars.
You can do that already; create one category per country, then add the calendar to multiple pages with tags like the following

{CALENDAR;1}
{CALENDAR;3}
Where the digits specified are the category numbers.

lexhair

Unread post by lexhair » Tue Jan 05, 2016 5:14 pm

Please consider adding date_created and date_modified (or just date_modified) to the database table schema.

wxmmoz

Unread post by wxmmoz » Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:50 am

I’m going to start adding events to my calendar which repeat on the Xth day of a month every year, eg every 3rd Wednesday in May every year. Any chance of making this an option on the recurring dates field?

vestertraining

Unread post by vestertraining » Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:17 am

wxmmoz wrote:I’m going to start adding events to my calendar which repeat on the Xth day of a month every year, eg every 3rd Wednesday in May every year. Any chance of making this an option on the recurring dates field?
Have exactly the same issue, I read in older posts that this feature may be already implemented. Any ideas on how to make use of it?

Thanks in advance!
Cursos de ingeniería industrial de Vester Industrial Training Center