Feature Requests

Support for the WordPress Calendar plugin
hasmas

Re: Feature Requests

Unread post by hasmas » Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:55 pm

Two things:

1. Possibility to add mailto-links. I've done some changes in the code, but it would be nice to add this to upcoming versions.

2. Make a page (similar to the {calendar}) consisting of all upcoming events for the next year or so.

Thanks!

Harald

skhan

Unread post by skhan » Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:54 pm

Hello,
I am using your calender for wordpress.... it's cool. Thank you.

My problem is I want the date value the user clicks on. Fro example, I have an event on March 1, 2011. And one user clicks on it -> they are then taken to a new page by the link that is provided in the event settings....now I want to carry over the date of that event to the new page so that I can display that the user have registered for that specific date.

Please let me know if problematically I would be able to carry the date over to another page if I save the date into a global variable within php.... and please let me know where in the calender.php file are you saving the date.

Also I need to remove the stars(*) that are printed in front of the event title.....let me know where can I find that....in the code.

Thank you
Sharmin

Polly

Unread post by Polly » Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:09 pm

I am currently working a test site I am doing and have uploaded you plug-in to test it out. I think that the following few features would be ideal for the calendar:
1. The ability to create multiple calendars
2. I always use custom post types to create specific post like: events, case studies and other. I think that it would be useful if the calendar could create a new post under the custom post types with the information we add to it. it would give the events much more exposure on search engines.
3. A picture would be great
4. A duration field or end filed would be ideal as well for example if someone is running a workshop we could add the start time and duration of 2 hours.

Looking forward to reading your comments.

ssandra

Unread post by ssandra » Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:17 pm

Hi,

First off; THANK YOU for creating this calendar! It is AMAZING!!

One small request, as someone who knows next to nothing about wordpress and coding it would be great to have the information on what to put on your pages ({CALENDAR} and {UPCOMING_EVENTS}) somewhere easily found.

And one more serious request: Is it at all possible to have the months go more in continuum?

What I mean by that is that in March you see the dates (and events) for the first few days of April, at least for that last week. Right now those days are just empty.

Or is there a setting that I can change and haven't found yet?

scooter

Unread post by scooter » Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:57 pm

Hi,

it would be great to have the possibility to add one or more category name(s) or ID(s) to the {CALENDAR} string so that only these categories are displayed in the embedded calendar.

example: {CALENDAR General} or something like that

greets
scooter

doodlebee

Unread post by doodlebee » Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:50 am

When you click "next" in the calendar, the page reloads and shows the next month. The URL looks like so:

http://somesite/calendar/?month=mar&yr=2011

it would be AWESOME is there were a way to link to the events on a specific day. Right now, if you go to a URL that looks like this:

http://somesite/calendar/?day=26&month=mar&yr=2011

you get a 404 error. I understand that you can link each individual event to a post, but it would be great when you had more than one event in a single day, you could click the date and go to a sort of "index listing" of all events that are happening on that particular day.

garyl

Unread post by garyl » Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:53 pm

Can I vote for this too? It would be a big deal for a project I am working on.
scooter wrote:Hi,

it would be great to have the possibility to add one or more category name(s) or ID(s) to the {CALENDAR} string so that only these categories are displayed in the embedded calendar.

example: {CALENDAR General} or something like that

greets
scooter

GoScoutUK

Unread post by GoScoutUK » Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:36 pm

Love the program - it's great!
Two things I've noticed:

I'd love the event link to be able to open the the page in either a new window or the old one. At the moment the default is the old window, replacing the current page. As I mainly use jpg links for the event links, this means the user has to use the back arrow to get back to the wordpress site. I have asked in another post if this can be globally changed to a _target="blank" format, but an option for each post would be lovely.

I would love one widget for the sidebar which combines the today's events with the upcoming events. In other-words gave the upcoming events INCLUDING today. This would give the events for the next however many days I've specified, including today in one box.
Thanks
Guy

jsalmela

Unread post by jsalmela » Wed May 11, 2011 8:26 am

add class="weekday" to day numbers <span> other than weekend

jsalmela

Unread post by jsalmela » Wed May 11, 2011 9:22 am

add class="day-with-date-weekend" for better styling possibilities.

The <br /> between day number and event is not needed, actually not even after the event (in case theres more than one event). You can always convert the span to "display: block" to mimic <p> - and that's what you've done by adding <br /> all over the place.

I removed the <br /> between daynumber and event in my calendar to save space, check out the calendar in my sites header wp.jsalmela.net