Problems with version 1.2.3

Support for the WordPress Calendar plugin
af01

Problems with version 1.2.3

Unread post by af01 » Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:47 am

Hi. I just downloaded version 1.2.3 of Calendar and I'm having the following problems:

1. Previously, I was able to make my category list horizontal by editing configuration in Calendar Options. That doesn't seem to work anymore.

2. How do I remove highlighting from events posted in my Upcoming Events list? I don't want them highlighted.

3. There is now strange background highlighting when an event in the Upcoming Events list is hovered over. Check it out: tuftspboard.org.

4. Supposedly event listings can be posted onto pages using tags. How do I do this?

Thanks!

Kieran

Re: Problems with version 1.2.3

Unread post by Kieran » Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:28 am

On the Calendar options page in the admin panel, please tick the "Resent Calendar styles" tick box and save. This should resolve the style issues in the new version.

As to your point 4, you want the following:

{TODAYS_EVENTS} or {UPCOMING_EVENTS}

af01

Unread post by af01 » Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:14 pm

Hi Kieran,

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, ticking that box did not resolve any of the issues. The horizontal lines were not replaced and the event listing still shows highlighted events. And when hovering over those events, background highlighting in the event title covers other text in the box.

Any ideas?

af01

Unread post by af01 » Mon Jul 12, 2010 4:19 pm

I was able to fix the horizontal feature in the category list (unfortunately not by simply resetting the style).

And the only way I was able to fix the strange overlapping in when I hovered over events in the upcoming events list was by increasing the width of the mouse-over box.

However, I still cannot get rid of the background highlighting of event titles in the list (while keeping them highlighted in the actual calendar). Any ideas?

Kieran

Unread post by Kieran » Mon Jul 12, 2010 5:08 pm

Glad you have sorted most of your issues :)
af01 wrote:However, I still cannot get rid of the background highlighting of event titles in the list (while keeping them highlighted in the actual calendar). Any ideas?
I'm afraid having category colours is default and cannot be switched off. The only way to do so is to turn off categories entirely.

lisa_C

Unread post by lisa_C » Mon Jul 12, 2010 5:40 pm

I found the same issue with the colors now showing up on the sidebar. So I just changed the colors to better match my template. The colors wouldn't overwrite in my Calendar settings for some reason.

So I changed the colors in the php of the calendar plug-in editor. And then had to go back to the Calendar settings and check the box that said restore defaults to get the php changes to take effect.

mediaseth

Unread post by mediaseth » Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:03 pm

I spoke too soon. Now I'm having problems with event times being half cut-off in the side bar during mouse-over. Is there any easy way to revert back to the previous version of calendar? Is there a link to install the old version until these issues are resolved?

Thanks,
Seth

Kieran

Unread post by Kieran » Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:43 pm

All versions are here:
http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/calendar/download/

Only the latest is supported here; please post a link to your site that is experiencing problems so I can observe them first-hand.

mediaseth

Unread post by mediaseth » Tue Jul 13, 2010 1:12 am

Thanks. My site is http://lynnhappens.com

Kieran

Unread post by Kieran » Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:27 am

Have you already downgraded? I cannot see the problem you are describing.