Calendar Plugin Problems

Support for the WordPress Calendar plugin
kutzlit

Calendar Plugin Problems

Unread post by kutzlit » Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:56 pm

My school uses the Calendar Plugin on our website and recently our WordPress site was updated to PHP 7.2 Following this update, the plugin will no longer let a user advance from month to month with the arrow buttons for the calendar. Also, when I downloaded the recent update for the plugin it actually took away the entire header row for the calendar which would allow a user to advance the month or choose an Events listing instead of a Monthly view. I spoke with WordPress on the issue and they confirmed that it was on the plugin side of things. Is there an update that will fix this issue and make the plugin function normally again? Thanks!

Kieran

Re: Calendar Plugin Problems

Unread post by Kieran » Sat Apr 27, 2019 9:24 pm

Please provide me with a link to your site. I have tested the plugin with PHP 7.2, it's working fine here, so I'd need to see your specific issue

kutzlit

Unread post by kutzlit » Sun Apr 28, 2019 1:31 pm

Here is a link to the site having issues with the plugin is: http://www.grwestcatholic.org/events/ Specifically, it breaks when the arrow buttons to toggle between the months are clicked.

Kieran

Unread post by Kieran » Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:56 pm

Interesting, so that is clearly my plugin, however someone has made some changes to it to allow it to look the way it does, also to load the list and the month view on the same page, added some javascript etc.

Did you make these changes? If not and you're not a coder yourself, can you get in touch with the person who made them? Clearly when you click the advance month link an error is being thrown behind the scenes (will be in the PHP log)and whoever made the changes should be able to make sense of the error and correct the problem. All I can confirm from this end is that the plugin has been modified and the latest vanilla version works fine in PHP 7.2 and the latest WordPress.

kutzlit

Unread post by kutzlit » Tue Apr 30, 2019 11:44 am

Thanks for the information. I am not the coder for the website and to be honest I may have to do some digging to see if I can get the original person that did the work. I appreciate your assistance with this, you have at least steered me in the right direction. Thanks!