Do WP PAGE have to be UPDATED after adding new events?

Support for the WordPress Calendar plugin
Konaque

Do WP PAGE have to be UPDATED after adding new events?

Unread post by Konaque » Sun Dec 29, 2013 8:31 pm

I have calendar linked to PAGE in WP instead of POST PAGE. After going into Manage Calendar and adding new evemts. I SAVE. If I view the Calendar page while still Logged in, It shows the new event. If I log out and go to the Calendar page on our WP site, the new event is not showing. I have to log in to the site, go to the Calendar page that has the {calendar} link and UPDATE that page. Then any viewer who is not logged in to the site can see the new added events.

Is there any way the calendar page can update with new events without having the Calendar Page physically accessed and UPDATED. The reason I need this is because many of our users (docents) who have access to enter new events (scdl volunteer day) do not have access to make changes to other WP pages. We don't want them in those pages to potentially mess with the site layout.

To see my calendar page being used as a docent volunteer sign-up go to:

http://www.waimeaartscouncil.org/docentcalendar/

Kieran

Re: Do WP PAGE have to be UPDATED after adding new events?

Unread post by Kieran » Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:53 am

This sounds like something is being cached; are you using WP Super Cache or other similar plugin? Or perhaps you need to Ctrl-F5 on the page when viewing it rather than updating to force your browser to not cache the page?