Category Key Display, Sharing Calendar, and more

Support for the WordPress Calendar plugin
NEProgrammer

Category Key Display, Sharing Calendar, and more

Unread post by NEProgrammer » Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:45 pm

First of all, I love the calendar plugin. It's wonderful. I have built a site for our Travel Soccer league, and created different categories for the different teams, so that each team has its own calendar. I then am adding the calendar to the team page by typing {CALENDAR; 1, 14} where 1 is the general calendar and 14 is the team's category. This is great and displays the desired data.

I just have a couple of questions:
1) Is it possible to only display the Category Key for the included categories? It takes up a lot of screen real estate to display the legend unnecessarily. I can see in the code where it could be done (modifying the query that retrieves the categories in calendar(), but I'd prefer not to modify the code in case you come up with an update that I want to install).

2) When someone clicks on the event, it just displays a popup with the event details, right? Or is there some way to allow the event to be downloaded into iCal or whatever other calendar? Does the program generate the event file? As these are team practices and games, it would be useful for the parents to be able to easily download the schedule to their own phones, including maps. Just curious.

Thanks