Multiple calendars on a single blog?

Support for the WordPress Calendar plugin
thomasc400

Multiple calendars on a single blog?

Unread post by thomasc400 » Mon Jul 07, 2008 4:21 pm

Is it possible to create multiple calendars (each with unique events) on a single blog. OR have a single calendar's events filterable?

Kieran

Re: Multiple calendars on a single blog?

Unread post by Kieran » Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:00 pm

Multiple calendars; technically, yes, practically you need to know your code. You'd need to copy the plugin file, rename it, change the name of the tag, change the name of the database tables and make sure the names in the admin panel didn't clash. You're welcome to try but you're on your own.

Filtered events; not quite, but categories are coming in the next beta/final version.

thomasc400

Unread post by thomasc400 » Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:07 pm

Thanks for the quick response.

Considering I'm pretty new to PHP and WordPress and know nothing about databases that don't get set up for me 'automagically', I'd say option one is out of the question.

When does the next beta release? It seems categories will give me the type of filtering I'm looking for.

Kieran

Unread post by Kieran » Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:26 pm

thomasc400 wrote:When does the next beta release? It seems categories will give me the type of filtering I'm looking for.
How long is a piece of string ;)

We have quite a bit on at the moment so free software is currently on a bit of a back-burner. We hope its going to arrive soon though - we know hundreds of people have been waiting very patiently :)

thomasc400

Unread post by thomasc400 » Sat Aug 23, 2008 10:18 pm

So the new categories are great. Thanks. If I have two categories set-up, and I only want to display one or the other -- is there an easy way to do so? Basically what I'm looking to do is have a single page show the master calendar with all categories -- which is working great. But I want two other pages -- one that only shows event under the first category, and the second that shows the events under the second.

Any suggestions? Thanks again.

Kieran

Unread post by Kieran » Mon Aug 25, 2008 11:21 pm

No, there is no way of doing this without modifying the code.

The modifications would not be simple either; some method of detecting which category to display would have to be implemented along with a way of passing this to the queries that select the events.