MU install of wordpress

Support for the WordPress Calendar plugin
TechGirl

MU install of wordpress

Unread post by TechGirl » Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:07 pm

Hi All,
Does anyone know if this plugin works in MU install of wordpress? I have installed the plugin in wpressmu/wp-content/plugins. This is where I install most of my plugins when I want them across the board. I only activate tthem on specific blogs.

I have installed it and can see the Calendar on the page and the administration panel(Manage Calendar, Manage Categories, Calendar Options) . But it will not let me update any of the panels.

I went in under the specific blog and can see that it did create the 3 tabels. I can enter information into the tables and (example - event) and can see it in the control panel but doesn't update calendar on page. I have tried uninstalling it and re-installing it but no luck.

Any help would be greatly appriciated!
Thansk!
A-

p.s. errors are "Cannot load calendar-categories" if I try to edit catagory, Cant add any events - responce is "Thank you for creating with WordPress MU , responce from trying to edit Calendar Options is "Cannot load calendar-config"
Last edited by TechGirl on Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kieran

Re: MU install of wordpress

Unread post by Kieran » Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:12 pm

In short, yes, it does work on MU, I tested it on 3 MU blogs before the release.

To get this working you must:

1. Make Calendar available as a plugin to any blog that you want to have it
2. Log in as a user with access to that blog and activate the plugin
3. Enter events as that user in that blog
4. Add/Edit a page on that blog which will contain the text {CALENDAR}

If you follow these steps it should work. Remember that each MU blog will have it's own install of Calendar which means each blog must have it's own Calendar page and it's own list of events added to the blog that owns the calendar. Hope this makes sense.

TechGirl

Unread post by TechGirl » Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:45 pm

Hi,
I did do all of that...
Running version MU WordPress 2.3.1 & calendar 1.2.2

Like I said I can see the tables in SQL for the specific blog. If I update the tables - It does update the plugin (i.e. like add a catagory or new event). But the plug-in does not update the tables. I do have a calendar page created with {CALENDAR} on the page. You can see the page and it doe sshow a calendar but not any of the test events I put directly into the SQL table.

Fyi.. When I uninstalled, I did delete the tables that Calendar created, the directory created in pluging, re-upload the calendar zip and tried it all over thining that mabey something got corrupted. I am using the default css for calendar and I do not use any side bars.. Just your calendar page.

Please advise - Thanks! A-
p.s. your description of how things work is perfect & why I chose this plugin :)

TechGirl

Unread post by TechGirl » Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:51 pm

FYI.. forgot to mention, I did try activating the calendar in a differnt blog (same mu install) just to see if mabey there was something wrong with this particualr blog- but it too gave the same errors when trying to add content.. A-

Kieran

Unread post by Kieran » Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:27 am

Ok, so it looks like we have several problems

1. The admin panel throws an error when you try to save changes to Calendar. Please can you elaborate on this error, what is the error message etc.

2. The page containing {CALENDAR} doesn't show events you have added to the database tables but they are visible in the admin panel. Are you absolutely sure that you are populating the correct tables if you have multiple calendar installs? Calendar knows to look at the tables which follow the convention: <specific_blog_table_prefix>+calendar+<calendar_suffix>. If somehow you have added the events to a set of tables the Calendar page is not looking at, then of course you won't see them. I believe the specific blog prefix is usually wp followed by the blog id followed by an underscore. If you check that and it still isn't working, I'll need to take a look at your admin panel to find out what is going wrong - I've never seen this before.

TechGirl

Unread post by TechGirl » Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:02 pm

No I am looking at the correct tables because the system created the tables in the correct blogspot. No other blogspots have tables. It correlates with the correct blogspot ID. I am very family with MU wordpress and troublshooting.

There are no errors when I update - It just say thank you for update. I listed all the errors exactly as they showed up in my previouse posts. It's acting like either thiers a permission issue or theirs a disconnect with the DB...
A-

Kieran

Unread post by Kieran » Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:26 pm

What is confusing me is that there is code in the plugin that adds the event and then immediately afterwards, does a select on the event details to make sure that the event was added properly. If it wasn't being added somewhere then you would get a "For some reason your event was not added" error, but you say you are not seeing this.

Unfortunately without actually having a proper look at your install I've pretty much reached the limit of my suggestions. You seem to have done everything right as far as I'm concerned and I have absolutely no idea why it's not yielding positive results :(