Multiple use of widgets

Support for the WordPress Calendar plugin
Elvn

Multiple use of widgets

Unread post by Elvn » Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:11 pm

Hi, first of all great plugin! I think its the best calendar plugin on Wordpress.

But I have an issue using the sidebar widget multiple times.
I can only add it once.

I'm using this in a theme with a lot of sidebars, some pages have there own sidebar, so it would be nice to have the option to insert the upcomming events widget multiple times.

I tryed to duplicate it with the 'Duplictate widgets plugin', but that didn't work.
So now I'm using a PHP sidebar widget and I past '<?php echo upcoming_events(); ?>' in it and that works.

So I think it would be a good idea to insert this in one of your next updates.

The next question I have goes about '<?php echo upcoming_events(); ?>'
It automaticly displays the title ("Upcoming Events"). Is there a way to change that title?

Kieran

Re: Multiple use of widgets

Unread post by Kieran » Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:55 pm

Elvn wrote:So now I'm using a PHP sidebar widget and I past '<?php echo upcoming_events(); ?>' in it and that works.
This method (or placing code directly in your theme) is the right way of going about this. Using widgets multiple times is not something which will be supported out of the box by Calendar.
Elvn wrote:The next question I have goes about '<?php echo upcoming_events(); ?>'
It automaticly displays the title ("Upcoming Events"). Is there a way to change that title?
If you want to change this you will have to modify the code of calendar.php. A cursory search for the title text should show you where to edit.