cannot display Calendar when logged off my WP blog

Support for the WordPress Calendar plugin
aug26th

cannot display Calendar when logged off my WP blog

Unread post by aug26th » Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:04 pm

Hi,
I installed and activated the plugin, and added a few more categories. I can see both Today's events and Upcoming events in desired position in my siderbar when I'm stilled logged in. But once I logged off WP and visit my site again, I cannot see them anymore.
Additional information: the lowest user group i chose is subscriber.

Do I need to add something into theme php page? Please help. thanks!

Kieran

Re: cannot display Calendar when logged off my WP blog

Unread post by Kieran » Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:11 pm

Do any other widgets you have added disappear when you logout? There is certainly nothing in the Calendar code that would exhibit this behaviour so it is likely to be caused by something in your theme.

As for the permissions drop-down on the calendar options page, this simply defines the lowest user group that may modify your calendar entries so you'll want to set this according to who you want to make changes rather than who you want to view Calendar.

aug26th

Re: cannot display Calendar when logged off my WP blog

Unread post by aug26th » Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:29 pm

Thanks Kieran,
I only have such widgets as "pages, links, recent posts, tweets" activated. none of them had disappeared when I logout. I'm using a theme called Doc.
But surprisingly enough, when I drag Today's event and Upcoming event back to Available Widgets panel and place them in siderbar again (Widgets page in WP), I can see them when logout! :P
Thanks for the explanation about the permission drop-down list.

Kieran wrote:Do any other widgets you have added disappear when you logout? There is certainly nothing in the Calendar code that would exhibit this behaviour so it is likely to be caused by something in your theme.

As for the permissions drop-down on the calendar options page, this simply defines the lowest user group that may modify your calendar entries so you'll want to set this according to who you want to make changes rather than who you want to view Calendar.