how to get rid of clickevent in the sidebar #???

Support for the WordPress Calendar plugin
sepp88

how to get rid of clickevent in the sidebar #???

Unread post by sepp88 » Fri Aug 07, 2009 2:28 pm

hello,

first of all, i really love your calendar. i'm sorry, that i can't post a link to my site, because it's not online yet, i've no server and no domain yet.

i'm not much of a coder, but a know a few basics. i'm currently trying to translate your whole calendar to the german language. I've actually already done that successfully, even though i've a no idea how to switch the date formatting to "j. F Y". "j. F Y" would be the german standard. I mean if i configure the whole blog (in my wp-settings) to use this date-formating your calendar-plugin uses it in the sidebar for the daily events and the upcoming events. However I would like to switch to that format in the admin panel as well, or at least "dd-MM-yyyy"...but that's a different story i'll ask you certainly again in this forum.

i have a simple question that's prior for me: the sidebar shows my upcoming events. if i roll-over the headline (title) of the event, the yellow description-field appears. works great. however, is there a way to get rid of the CLICK-EVENT on that title-object. currently the href is "#" so everytime you click it, the site jumps back to it's origin-position. so if you've scrolled down a little bit in your blog and you click on the title of an event the site jumps back to the top. i would love to get rid of that.

how can i do that? thank you!
regars sepp88

Kieran

Re: how to get rid of clickevent in the sidebar #???

Unread post by Kieran » Fri Aug 07, 2009 5:55 pm

Unfortunately far too many people still use IE6 and having the # in the href is required to make IE6 work. If you don't want IE6 users to be able to see the mouse overs then by all means modify the code to remove this. For now at least though, this # will stay in the core release.

sepp88

Unread post by sepp88 » Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:13 am

oh, i didn't know that! good to know though!

so of course i'll leave it.

is there any global variable that makes it possible to change the date-formatting for the admin panel...i only want to have dd-MM-yyyy instead of yyyy-MM-dd... that would be great if i could get that working.

do you have any advice?

thank you for your quick answer
regards matt

Kieran

Unread post by Kieran » Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:15 am

The admin panel is like that because of how it has to be stored in the database. This will probably get changed in the next version but at present there is no way of doing so.

sepp88

Unread post by sepp88 » Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:57 pm

and there isn't a way of changing just the date format inside the NEW EVENT panel?

thank you for your awesome plugin and your help!

Kieran

Unread post by Kieran » Sun Aug 09, 2009 5:00 pm

No because the date of a new event must be stored in the database so it must be in the right format. If you don't like typing it in in that format then use the pop-up calendars to the side of the date boxes and select your dates that way.