Display calendar in right side area??

Support for the WordPress Calendar plugin
jtga830

Display calendar in right side area??

Unread post by jtga830 » Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:42 pm

Hello All,

I feel like I'm missing something obvious. I am interested in displaying the full calender in the right side bar area of my website, but haven't figured out how. I'm aware that I can use {CALENDAR} within a page, but is there any way to have this calendar inside the right bar area??

I went to the widgets area and have only seen "future event", and "today's event" (i'm paraphrasing the titles) as draggable options, but no calendar option. Can someone help me out?

Thanks! :?:

Kieran

Re: Display calendar in right side area??

Unread post by Kieran » Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:43 am

You can't display a full calendar in the sidebar. It would be too large at any rate.

jtga830

Unread post by jtga830 » Thu Jul 30, 2009 2:45 pm

Thanks for the response Kieran. Great job overall, BTW.

I'm more of a designer than developer, and it makes sense what you're saying. What I had in mind was: a small, non-heavily styled calendar docked on the right side, that the user could hover on any numbered date and get a "bird's eye view" of the day's event...

There is another wp calendar out there which promises something similar, but is unfortunately incompatible with WP version 2.8.x +

Do you know of any other solutions out there which might have a similar effect?

Thanks!

Jason

Kieran

Unread post by Kieran » Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:44 pm

Only one I can think of is the default WordPress calendar widget but that only shows posts, not events.

Elvn

Unread post by Elvn » Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:26 pm

I'm using this php sidebar widget:http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/php-code-widget/" to display php code in my sidebar.
If you put: " <?php echo calendar(); ?> " into the widget it will display the full calendar, but as already mentioned by Kieran, it's verry large. So You should try to play with CSS to get it right.

But i agree that it would be nice to have some smaller callendar (like the one build in for post) to display in the sidebar.