Womack & Womack in the lab

I’m once again in DEC-10 working on coursework, this time on graphics. The number of late nights I’ve racked up lately is quite simply ridiculous. To keep me company in the pits of code despair and mild elation when that darn file that wouldn’t compile for the last hour finally does I decided to connect up to my home machine and play some of my music collection though my headphones.

I’m currently listening to Womack & Womack and I’d forgotten how good this stuff is to listen to and work along to. I’m currently half way through the Love Wars album and will be moving on to Conscience shortly. I’ve not decided what other music is going to keep me company throughout this evenings late night work session in the lab, so why not make some suggestions of music thats enjoyable to listen to and motivating to work with in comments. If I play it, I’ll say so in reply. Be quick though, I’m only here until 2am!

1. elaminen Said,

April 24, 2007 @ 9:59 pm

I don’t know what kind of music you’re into, but my late night special when I was working on something was to listen to the Les Miserables soundtrack on repeat.

When I’m concentrating on something like a problem, or some code, or whatever, I tend to lose track of things – what I’m listening to, what the time is, even where I am or how I’m sitting (the amount of times I realised I’ve been sitting on one foot and it’s now dead as a dodo!). I would lose consciousness of Les Miserables playing, but I think it just helped me to begin to concentrate in the first place.

2. Raby Whyte Said,

April 24, 2007 @ 10:55 pm

for some reason i find it really hard to code to music containing nearlly any form of lyrics hence why i like listening to either trance/electonica, hard dance or if im in the mood classical music whilst coding. I have been told i nod my head when consstantly to a beat im consentrating particular hard, but i refuse to admit this d:

April 25, 2007 @ 12:56 am

Interesting comments 🙂

I sometimes end up with a playlist on repeat, but there are usually quite a few things in it.

I worked my way through a number of things tonight, Dire Straits, Tears for Fears and Taj Mahal. I’m now listening to some soft classical music before calling it a night.

I think I’ll give the electronica a miss Raby but thanks for the suggestion all the same 😉

4. Chris Worfolk Said,

April 25, 2007 @ 2:32 am

I note the company of Mr. Revell and myself was not good enough then? :p.

April 27, 2007 @ 11:38 am

Nah, he just left too early 😉

6. Dan Said,

April 30, 2007 @ 6:09 pm

I listen to Ill Nino, The Prodigy, Perfect Circle, DJ Shadow, Paul Oakenfold, Britney Spears, Pink, Orbital, System Of A Down… the list goes on (forever) when I’m coding, i.e I add a few thousand tracks to the ol playlist and shove it on Random..

I am interested in how you streamed music from lara to the lab though?

May 3, 2007 @ 10:18 am

Streaming was done by accessing my machine over FTP in a web browser and playing the songs through the mplayer firefox plugin 🙂