Hate to say I told you so

Was talking to Laura a couple of weeks ago on MSN and she said with some seemingly great degree of confidence that I would not be single on valentines day. I of course said she was just doing the whole friendly “give you a boost” kind of thing, but no, she was very confident to the point of saying the same thing 3 or so times in different guises. I’m not normally one to make a point of the “told you so” lark, but in this case it is true. Laura, I’m still single, and it’s valentines day, so if you would like to revise your statement 😉

Laura wrote a pretty good post on valentines stuff, very truthful, all about how commercial it’s got. I even know people who are in relationships who are boycotting it this year just because they hate the huge commercial interest it creates. As usual, I turned to the web for my inspiration, and I found all I needed to see and all I wanted to say in one very clear simple picture. Happy valentines day all! 🙂

Good cuppa

1. Niall Said,

February 14, 2006 @ 3:50 pm

lopl!

2. Laura Said,

February 15, 2006 @ 7:35 am

I’m sorry i was wrong. i never realised it would be a crowning moment of yours…being single!!!!

ok yes you were right i was wrong. but did u think i’d be in the same place!

February 15, 2006 @ 8:35 am

I wouldn’t say it’s my crowning moment, but it’s certainly better then being in a rubbish relationship! Far better to admit you haven’t found a good person for you than just being with someone and pretending it’s all good when it’s far from it. Learn’t the hard way on that one. Hence why I’m happy I proved you wrong; If I’d found someone in the short time between our chat and valentines, chances are it wouldn’t have amounted to much anyway.

I didn’t think you’d be in the same place actually, but I bet you pulled last night…… 😉

4. Laura Said,

February 15, 2006 @ 5:35 pm

yes, yes i did. A christain- who while telling me he hasn’t lost his virginity and wouldn’t til he got married, thought it was absoultely ok to grab my ass and try to feel my breasts in the middle of a nightclub after knowing me for less than 20 minutes!!!! I think he’s a virgin cause no one will sleep with him not other reason, or he’s lying

February 15, 2006 @ 11:58 pm

Doesn’t surprise me to be honest, although I shan’t launch into cynical mode…

The point is though, you pulled and I didn’t. Damn.

6. Laura Said,

February 16, 2006 @ 10:51 am

i’d rather have not pulled! as my tutor said 4yrs of bad sex is worse than 4 years with out it, i assume it applys to snogs as well.

February 16, 2006 @ 2:57 pm

Amazingly we have come back to my original posting; no sex is better than bad sex, therefore a good cup of tea is better than bad sex 😉