Calendar for WordPress
I make a contribution to WordPress in the form of a Calendar plugin that allows you to share your schedule with the world using your blogging software.
Calendar is an events calendar for WordPress that allows you to publish a monthly breakdown of your appointments and important dates for your blog readers to view. Useful if you want to let people know what you are up to or give people an idea what days you are free. It is also versatile enough to provide events information to users of a WordPress powered site, for instance clubs or charities. You can see an example of this calendar running on this site.
Calendar is feature rich and will continue to become better as development continues.
- Monthly view of events
- Mouse-over details for each event
- Events can have a timestamp (optional)
- Events can display their author (optional)
- Events can span more than one day
- Multiple events per day possible
- Events can repeat on a weekly, monthly or yearly basis
- Repeats can occur indefinitely or a limited number of times
- Easy to use events manager in admin dashboard
- Sidebar function/Widget to show todays events
- Sidebar function/Widget to show upcoming events
- Comprehensive options panel for admin
- Modifiable CSS using the options panel
- Optional drop down boxes to quickly change month and year
- User groups other than admin can be permitted to manage events
- Events can be placed into categories
- Categories system can be switched on or off
- Events can be links pointing to a location of your choice
To keep up to date with developments on Calendar, ensure you bookmark the blog category and read it regularly. All updates will be posted there only.
If you want to download Calendar then you can do so from the WordPress.org plugins website. A feature list similar to above, screenshots and installation guide is also available on that link.
I would always advocate using the latest version of my calendar plugin as some releases have included security fixes, however if you wish to peruse the old versions of the plugin you can do so on the WordPress.org calendar versions page.
Please use the dedicated Calendar support forums.
If you want to simply request new features you can do so in the feature request forum thread, or, if your request is larger or has more urgency associated with it, you can pledge to fund it using fundry.