It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:48 pm

Post subject: RSS of calendar entries
Unread postPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 6:13 pm 

Hi Kieran - great plugin: many thanks.

I've read the forum posts and the documentation I can find, but can't find any information on creating an RSS feed for the calendar entries.

Could you point me in the right direction please?

I don't need it by category, just an overall feed of 'what's new'/on the calendar.

Thanks in advance.
ikj

Post subject: Re: RSS of calendar entries
Unread postPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:04 pm 

An RSS feed isn't included in the Calendar by default, however a while ago I was commissioned to author an RSS feed for Calendar.

This will only display single events (not recurring ones) and will only show events in the future. There is a variable near the top of the code to set how many days into the future you want the feed to display events. You drop the file in your WordPress root and then navigate to it in your browser to see the feed.

This is provided without any warranty or support - I will not provide any help with this.

I have attached the file below.

Attachments:
File comment: RSS feed for Calendar
wp-calendar-rss.zip [2 KiB]
Downloaded 371 times

Post subject: Re: RSS of calendar entries
Unread postPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:12 pm 

Hi Kieran - thanks for this. Worked perfectly.

Future-only is no problem since it'll just add to the RSS feed when I add new (future) events - that's the ideal behaviour.

A quick pointer for people who have their WP install in one location and publish to another, make sure that the wp-calendar-rss.php is in the root of the _wordpress_ installation, not the root of the (virtual) server or domain, and when you point your browser at the file make sure it's the full path to the _wp_ install, and not just [domain.com]/wp-calendar-rss.php.

cheers
ikj

Post subject: RSS of calendar entries / adapt for Today's Events RSS?
Unread postPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:29 pm 

This is working nicely with twitterfeed on one of my sites for tweets and myspace.

http://twitter.com/gillysjazz (also running socialoomph for updates)

However the limitation of non recurring events kills its use on another site that has recurring events practically every day.

I'm just wondering if it might be possible to edit this php file so it pulls today's events? Sure I could limit days into the future, but I would still have the repeating events issue.

I'm thinking since the script already can pull today's events, maybe it's an easy swap somewhere to use that existing logic.

Looking at php's time and calendar functions makes my head spin (hats off to you) but if you think it can be done (todays events rss feed) with a bit of effort by a rookie (and maybe a bit of begging here and in other forums) I'll give it a shot.