Due to the fact that I rented my house as unfurnished I didn’t have any curtains when I moved in so rather than add rails and hang material I thought blinds would look contemporary and be functional too. I used an online store to obtain made to measure venetian blinds and was very pleased when they arrived and found they fitted the window frames near enough perfectly.
The only issue it would seem was putting them up. The brackets needed to be fitted inside the frames which meant screwing into the wood very close into a corner. Anyone who has done this before will now how difficult it can be, especially when you add into the mix brackets that don’t allow screw drivers anything approaching easy access and screws which burr more easily than butter.
Looking at the number of screws and brackets you could be forgiven for believing that each blind was a 5 minute job. I’m not kidding when I say each one took close to an hour. I burred, bent and snapped a ridiculous number of screws and when I finally got a blind up I found myself in need of a cup of tea and a lie down due to exhaustion from the process.
I guess the lesson here is never underestimate a DIY job otherwise it’s bound to go wrong or at the very least take up valuable drinking time.