After a slightly longer than expected break since the first beta release of Calendar 1.2 I’ve decided to go straight ahead and release the first (and hopefully only) release candidate of Calendar 1.2.
Since the beta phase I’ve made improvements that not only fix all the bugs that were logged in comments but I’ve fixed a few others that I found along the way, tweaked some of the things that I didn’t feel were quite right and squeezed in some new features – some of which were originally going to have to wait until version 1.3!
The added features since the last release are as follows
- Mini pop-up calendars in the admin panel to assist with choosing correct dates
- Full categories system to allow events to be grouped by type (off by default)
- Categories key is displayed below the calendar when categories are enabled
- Events can now be links as well as mouse-overs
- Items listed in todays events/upcoming events now sport links and mouse-overs.
- Small tweaks to the style and display logic to improve the standard look
- Issue of times not displaying according to WordPress settings fixed
- Issue of extra padding/blank titles on the widgets fixed
- Issue of mouse-overs not working in IE6 fixed
You may well notice other improvements which have escaped my memory.
Users of Calendar 1.2 beta will be pleased to discover that I decided to provide an upgrade path after all and so you should find that all you need to do is replace your current calendar directory with the new one and you should be away. The same of course applies to users of the current main release (1.1.2) but you should follow the upgrade instructions in the readme.txt file carefully in this case.
Please provide all feedback and any bug reports in the comments of this post. Please do not post feature requests. The release available in this post will be the final release if no bugs are found. If bugs are found they will be fixed and then the final version will be released. No new features will be added until the next major version.
Oh yes and how could I forget, you can download Calendar 1.2 Release Candidate 1 here.